OPDU is the leading specialist provider of pensions trustee liability (PTL) and pension scheme winding-up protection in the UK and Ireland.
Our cover is the most extensive in the market and has been specially developed for trust based UK and Irish pension schemes.
OPDU currently protects schemes with assets totalling over £125 billion.
What makes OPDU different?
- OPDU provides industry leading cover to protect Trustees, in-house administrators (including pensions directors) and sponsors.
- Third Party Pursuit Costs can be covered which will allow trustees to pursue third party administrators for costs as well as any adviser or other provider to the scheme such as actuarial, legal, investment or consultants.
- Court Application Costs can be covered which will allow trustees to apply to a Court for instructions or protection. Such costs can be extremely high.
- Fines from the Pensions Regulator or any regulator are covered.
- “Each Claim” cover so that policy limits apply to each claim separately rather than an annual aggregate.
- Cover up to £60 million
- Winding-Up policies cover Missing Beneficiaries.
- Unique support and service for Trustees and administrators.
- We manage all our own claims and have in-house expertise to manage this process. We start by assuming that all claims are valid and will use the current scheme’s advisors wherever possible and not insist on appointing our own unless necessary.